Fallout RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout RPG

Forum roleplay based on the Fallout series.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Huh. So...

Go down 
+4
Schwarzwald
Piebald Pete
Ils'Beth Goreknuckle
Harrow
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harrow

Harrow

Character sheet
Race: Human
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Huh. So... Left_bar_bleue32/32Huh. So... Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 am

Well, whaddaya know.

I'm 99% sure this was not an accident - I've been using the Forumotion service for a good while now, myself, and you'd have to go through some very crystal-clear steps to delete your forum from the database. Too bad, really, because I thought the game was developing all right.

So I took the liberty to re-register it so that we can just clear things up between us, if we want to continue this or whatever.

Tidus, if you're reading this -- in your future endeavors, if you're in a position of responsibility - however insignificant - please act like it. I don't know what was the reason you wiped the forum - maybe you're having a hard day/week/month, maybe you just can't find the time for this, maybe you simply didn't feel like it anymore...

That's okay. Nobody would have been really upset about it. I don't think so, at least. But don't just pull the plug on us - that's, in a word, rotten. Some of us were enjoying this. We'd have coped and maybe we'd have taken this whole thing in another direction, I don't know. Maybe we'd have simply gone our separate ways and let this end. It really doesn't matter, it's the principle of the thing that gets to me moreso than the fact the whole thing got terminated, I think.

So... anyway, the rest of you guys, if you're reading this. What's up?
Back to top Go down
Ils'Beth Goreknuckle

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 pm

I have no clue whats going on. Was just looking for a new and different RP oppurtunity. Was getting ready to post something ICly today, to find things were gone.
Back to top Go down
Piebald Pete

Piebald Pete

Character sheet
Race: Ghoul
Hit Points:
Huh. So... Left_bar_bleue30/30Huh. So... Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:20 pm

I was wondering what was going on. Thanks for getting the site back up Harrow. I don't know about everyone else but I would really like to see this keep going. I don't have much GM experience but I have a good understanding of the rules, so if there is anything I can do to help, I'll be glad to.
Back to top Go down
Harrow

Harrow

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Ils: Basically the forum simply got deleted. Since it violated no federal laws or anything, it's extremely unlikely that the Forumation service was responsible for the deletion.

That's all I know, myself.

Anyway I'm all for restarting this, and hopefully more smoothly as far as character registration goes, this time around - but I, too, have no GM experience in this format of roleplay (actually, I barely have any experience in forum roleplaying in general). And I don't really have any good stories in my head to tell at the moment.

I'll snoop around for interested parties, you guys should too.
Back to top Go down
Schwarzwald

Schwarzwald

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:25 pm

okay... this kinda sucks... alot...

well i'm not experienced with how webpages and these free-forum things work. But it is damn as hell anoying that this has happened *again!*

especially since i too liked how things were coming along Sad But if it indeed is the case that tidus pulled the plug for what ever reasons he may have, i could offer up some of my GM experience instead of playing as a character. If thats the direction we're going in that is.

just curious tho, is this a new forum you made harrow? (im guessing at that as the layout is way different)
Back to top Go down
Harrow

Harrow

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:59 pm

The layout is literally the matter of a button click. The Forumotion service offers you a whole bunch of them (www.hitskin.com) which you can choose from, and then customize with your own color/picture choices, etc.

Otherwise, it is identical. The board admin just needs to customize the character sheets etc.
Back to top Go down
Piebald Pete

Piebald Pete

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 pm

I don't know if anyone has ever looked at the site but to help things get started http://www.paforge.com/fallout.html has a few premade locations, complete with quests, I had looked through the jackpot Nevada source book and thought it was pretty solid. Thats as far as I looked so I don't know about all of them. Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Arkan

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:53 am

Hey everyone! That was really a weird turn of events... Like dejavou o_0

But I'm happy that you stepped in Harrow and made this place^^

I'm all fired'up for some more fallouting, about a GM it stands, as I can see it, between Pete and Schwarzwald... The robot has been GM'ing before and Pete, you seem like a good gamer and rule-bender.

I'm game in either case, so its up to the rest of you...

Last thing.... Good to see ya all again Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwarzwald

Schwarzwald

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:46 pm

ok pete whats your opinion?

I'm fresh for making up a plot and a decent bunch of NPC's if thats it, but if you feel like giving it a go. Then have at it! (since i'd never be insane enough to send robots after you as a GM, that means i only get to play one if i'm a player; since then I'm more or less careless Razz )

and what do we do about 'character sheet' thingie so that we get a working thing up? since I'd certainly love to see some posts getting flung around again. *sigh.. i should have saved the posts from the old forum(s)*
after all we dont have fun by sitting around and sulking about the old forum is gone... even if its very tempting.
Back to top Go down
Piebald Pete

Piebald Pete

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:09 pm

I think it would be best for the group if I didn't GM right now, this site is my first attempt at rping in the fallout world and I was hoping to play as a PC for a while before attempting to GM outright. On the last site I was going to apply as a team member once the site grew a little and maybe pete died, but for now I think you'd be a better choice.
Back to top Go down
Piebald Pete

Piebald Pete

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 am

just to clarify on my last post, I'm not adverse to trying GMing, My biggest reservation is that I have only played the first game about an hour or two in, (it was a torrent and the version I had was cracked for infinite money once you reach the hub, so I'm looking for an in tact version) So the only game I've really played in any depth is Fallout 3 (which I refuse to finish the main quest)
so until I am able to play through the other two games most of my information comes from the wikis online which aren't super through.

So like I said I'm up to give it a shot, I just want it to be a good experience all around
Back to top Go down
Harrow

Harrow

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:57 am

Schwarzwald wrote:
and what do we do about 'character sheet' thingie so that we get a working thing up?

Restoring the character sheet screens on the forum is a no-brainer.

Anyway, it doesn't have to be either of you, if neither of you want. This thing will need more than just the 5 of us anyway. Make a post on various Fallout/Roleplay boards advertising that we're looking to start a new roleplay, etc etc., and see who/what we can get.
Back to top Go down
Incognito

Character sheet
Race:
Hit Points:
Huh. So... Left_bar_bleue1/1Huh. So... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey Harrow,

Im back from my trip to the US now having arrived in the EU this morning again. I do feel sad that the site was indeed gone, sorry that I was the bearer of bad news on that. As I was really looking forward to be a bigger geek by playing here. So if you get it up and running once more Im still interested and would love to get involved. To everyone else, hello! Nice to meet you all. I was the one who chased the link to find a site, then moments later the same link did not give me a site whilst it was still in the Search Database.

Harrow did you contact someone at the Forumotion.net, they might have a backup of the sites content. Couldnt hurt to ask right?

On another notion was there a general idea behind the characters? All from the same Vault or all wasteland dwellers? =)
Ill check back soon.

- Incognito.
Back to top Go down
Piebald Pete

Piebald Pete

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Harrow wrote:
Make a post on various Fallout/Roleplay boards advertising that we're looking to start a new roleplay, etc etc., and see who/what we can get.

Started working on it, hopefully we'll get some more traffic in a few days Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwarzwald

Schwarzwald

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Incognito wrote:
On another notion was there a general idea behind the characters? All from the same Vault or all wasteland dwellers? =)
Ill check back soon.

- Incognito.

to answear your question then it would be the later one, asuming everyone sticks to what they played previously then we have: a ghoul: Pete, a Tribal: Arkan, a Wasteland Human: Harrow and a half-mutant: lis'beth

so basicly its 'anything goes aslong as you've got a background for it.'

on a side note: I'm cooking something up. And for now all i can say is we're going to be playing in Redding if no one has a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Harrow

Harrow

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:51 am

Hey Incognito,
Not sure what you mean by being the bearer of bad news?

Anyway, even if they do have a backup I don't think that they'll be giving it to anyone but the original owner of the forum. Kind of a complete breach of privacy agreements etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Incognito

Character sheet
Race:
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 am

Harrow wrote:
Hey Incognito,
Not sure what you mean by being the bearer of bad news?

Anyway, even if they do have a backup I don't think that they'll be giving it to anyone but the original owner of the forum. Kind of a complete breach of privacy agreements etc etc.

I was the one on WanWic poking you about the site not loading =)
Back to top Go down
Harrow

Harrow

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 pm

You must be thinking of someone else, possibly the former GM/owner of the forum who deleted everything and disappeared. Cause I have no idea what WanWic even is :p
Back to top Go down
Incognito

Character sheet
Race:
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:33 pm

I guess i must be thinking of someone else then...Oops.

I know it wasnt Tidus though, so someone else....ah well.

Are more pages being made? Curious about how to do the Char Gen and all that =)
Back to top Go down
Arkan

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 am

Heh can happen for everyone... Welcome friend! (Hopefully thats not you char name;)) Just glad to know that it wasn't tidus though Smile

I might not be online so often yet, but I'll see what I can do^^ (Boot camp you know)
Back to top Go down
Schwarzwald

Schwarzwald

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Incognito wrote:
Are more pages being made? Curious about how to do the Char Gen and all that =)

http://www.paforge.com/submissions/fallout/fallout_pnp_2_0.pdf
these are the rules Smile i dont know what system we're gonna be using for recording our characters (but i believe Harrow has something smart in mind) but this is the rulebook for character creation and everything else.

a background is also required.
Back to top Go down
Piebald Pete

Piebald Pete

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Are we going to be starting back up with the rp or are we going to wait for more folks to join?
Back to top Go down
Piebald Pete

Piebald Pete

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:43 pm

as an afterthought, if we are going to be resubmitting sheets I'd be willing to change one of Pete's tags to pilot unless you were thinking about it Harrow
Back to top Go down
Schwarzwald

Schwarzwald

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:53 pm

its up to you guys wether you want to start now or wait for more.

However my personal sudgestion is this: lets get started as soon as possible! not only will this give people a taste of your excelent rp'ing abilities. I've got something ready for you once we get everyones sheets and backgrounds up and done.
Back to top Go down
Harrow

Harrow

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:13 am

I think I got a little lost here.

Is Schwars GMing then?

I can get the character sheets thing back up asap, but: How do you want to go about reviewing them? We can do it like in the old forum, where your account on the forum is not enabled until you send an email to the GM who OKs you - or we can do it like this: Anyone can register to the forum, but can only post on a certain forum (Application forum) until they are approved. This way, users in the GM usergroup don't have to muck about with emails or forum user activation, etc, but only add people to the "Approved" usergroup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huh. So... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. So...   Huh. So... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huh. So...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout RPG :: Rules and OOC Information :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: